In preparation for our first Investors Summit and Demo Day on Monday 26 November, we’re inviting you to register your interest in pitching to investors and sector stakeholders.
The event will be a premier occasion for EdTech investors, philanthropists, and senior strategic partners and will provide the forum for discussion about global trends that are shaping the future of teaching and learning, and potential for new investment opportunities and partnerships.
Facilitated by leading experts in the education industry, the event will see selected EDUCATE participants who are ready to scale pitching and demonstrating their products through a rapid-fire 5-minute presentation with three minutes of Q&A.
We are expecting 40 investors in addition to senior education stakeholders, school procurement teams, members of the Department of Education, Department of International trade, Greater London Authority and the Mayor of London.
In order to be considered, you will need to have achieved an EdWard (either Evidence Aware or Evidence Applied), and fulfil the submission criteria outlined below. Please fill out the Demo Day submission form linked here.
Guidelines for submission
We would like you to provide your rationale for why you should be considered for Demo Day, considering:
- Your value proposition – what you do, who you do it for, and why it is innovative?
- What evidence do you have to validate your business model and pedagogic approach?
- Your stage of venture development – what is your traction, have you received private investment to date, and what would new investment provide you?
- What is the type of investor or partnership and level of investment are you seeking?
Due to capacity, we will unable to provide feedback on applications not selected for shortlist.
Process and Deadlines
Deadline for EdWards submissions: 5pm, Monday 1 October 2018
Deadline for Demo Day application: 5pm, Thursday 4 October 2018
Decision Communicated: 5pm, Wednesday 10 October 2018
- 20 companies will be selected for the EDUCATE Pitch Workshop.
EDUCATE Pitch Workshop: Wednesday 15th October 2018 @ IdeaLondon – 10 am -12.30 pm
- Workshop led by the EDUCATE business team for you to become Demo Day ready. We will hear your pitch, highlight areas of improvement and give you an insight into what potential investors and partners are looking for on Demo Day.
Pitches: Thursday 25 October 2018
- Final pitch to the EDUCATE team – You will pitch to the EDUCATE team and we will assess your suitability for pitching on Demo Day.
Decision: Friday 26 October 2018
- Decision on the final 10 companies pitching on Demo Day at City Hall will be communicated.
One-to-One Pitch Training: 29 October – 12 November 2018
- One-to-one pitch training for the final 10 companies, led by the business team to assist with getting your pitch on Demo Day to be Pitch Perfect!
EDUCATE Demo Day – 26th November 2018, 5.30pm-9pm
We look forward to receiving your application for this exciting event.